Saturday, June 6, 2015

I got an overlocker! And I made a summer dress.

Hey,
I've been absent because there was this exam on clinical neuropsychology I had to study for. Or well, mostly I just procrastinated like hell... I started watching Heroes. I baked an apple pie. I went to see my grandparents. All good things, but none of them really helped with the exam tbh. But anyway. Now the exam is done and that means I'm free for the summer! (Trying to be positive about the fact that I don't have a job for the summer... think of all the free time I have to do whatever I want. Like sewing!)

I hadn't been doing much sewing lately, but then my husband bought me an overlocker for my birthday. And holy crap I love that thing.



It wasn't a super expensive one, but I thought I should go for the cheaper option just to see how much I will use/need it. I tried it for the first time today and I can already tell this is love at first sight. See, I had been putting off this one sewing project because the fabric was annoying (you know, the type that frays when you look at it). But with the overlocker all my fraying problems are now history! \o/

So with the help of my lovely new overlocker, I completed this summer dress I'd wanted to make for a while:



Both fabrics 2€ and zipper 0,50€ from Salvation Army secondhand store. So thread and all included, this dress cost me something like 3 euros. Super expensive, eh? ;)

So now I'm thinking about doing a geeky sewing project next, but I need to come up with an idea... if you have any suggestions, let me know in the comments ^_^

love,
scoundrel


No comments:

Post a Comment